New Member Guide
Thank you for joining the Floyd County Chamber of Commerce!
Help Us Help You!
To help you get started, we’ve listed below ways to maximize your chamber membership benefits. You can download a PDF copy to print to use as a checklist, click here for the new member checklist.
If you haven’t already…
_____ Fill out the online membership form on this website. This provides critical information to promote your business and communicate with you effectively. We use every bit of those forms, so make sure to give us as much information as possible.
_____Pay your dues (your membership does not become active until dues are paid).
Initial steps to consider
_____Create a Facebook Business or Organization Page (if you haven’t already and if it makes sense).
_____Give us a good supply of your business cards and rack cards so we can effectively promote your business in the Floyd County Visitor Center.
_____If you are a new business, have a new service, or new facility, contact us to schedule a ribbon cutting.
_____If you are interested in hosting or participating in a business after hours social, let us know.
_____If you are interested in a banner ad on the chamber website, let us know.
_____If you would like to present a topic in your area of expertise for fellow members and for the general public at a Lunch and Learn meeting, let us know.
_____If you would like to sponsor a Chamber lunch meeting, let us know. Typical cost is $150. Sponsors are recognized at the lunch meeting which have an average of 40 attendees.
_____Consider creating flyers/posters for your events, then provide us three to display in the town kiosks and on the Visitor Center window. If it is letter sized, you can email it to us to print out. They can also be used to post on social media.
_____Keep your Facebook page active with regular posts that we can share.
_____Join us for our every-other-month membership lunch meeting.
_____Participate in a chamber committee. Events, Membership, and Community Development Committees, are good options for meeting and working with your fellow members. You can sign up for just a specific activity or event within a committee that fits your schedule and available time.
_____If you have any questions, comments, concerns, ideas, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP!
To keep in mind as a new member of the chamber:
- Our goal as your chamber is to promote and support you and your business. We are available to work with our members to make sure they feel supported as a chamber member. Don’t be afraid to email us if there are any questions or concerns (this also includes RSVP’ing for events)!
- We currently use the following online platforms to promote our chamber member businesses:
- MyChamber App
- Our Website: floydchamber.org
We also are working to create a sticker for your business to display that highlights your membership. We also are working on adding another social media platform to our list: Instagram, which has a younger audience.
- We utilize Facebook to support our members. We strive to follow all chamber member pages, liking and sharing member posts seven days a week. If you are not already doing regular posts, we encourage you to start posting!
- We use email to communicate with each other, so it’s important that you keep an eye on the email you provide us. We might need to reach you for various things and we also use that email to send out our newsletter! Please keep in touch with us as we send out important information for our members, we like getting responses from our members!