2017-18 Visitor Guide
Deadline is Friday, April 28th
Early Bird Discount ends Monday, April 17th
Act now. Don't get left out for two years!
2017-18 Floyd Visitor Guide Highlights
- 75,000 copies to be printed (vs 30,000 for the original printing of the 2015-16 guide)
- For only twice the advertising cost without the early bird discount
- With more listing space for every advertiser
FORMAT: This new edition will be the same size as the current one, a 4" x 9" size in the form of a small booklet with a center spine. The major difference will be a paragraph format listing for each advertiser. Each listing will have the business name in bold with the business location, website and phone number plus a 20-word description. For comparison, the current guide offered business name plus three 35-character lines. Each advertiser will have a map marker number with their listing with a corresponding marker number for their location on the town or county map in the guide. The display ad sizes will remain the same with quarter-page, half-page and full-page options available. The Guide will remain undated for a longer shelf life.
To view the current version of the guide, click here. (click on "open" button on upper right of page that opens.)
- Basic Line Listing is $200 ($160 with Early Bird Discount!)
- Quarter Page Display Ad (3.75"W by 2"H) plus Basic Line Listing is $600 ($480 with Early Bird Discount!)
- Half Page Display Ad (3.75" by 3.75") plus Basic Line Listing is $1,000 (only 4 available, first come first served, no discount)
- Full Page Display Ad (3.75"W by 8.75"H) plus Basic LIne Listing is $2,000 (only 3 available, first come first served, no discount)
- Full Page Display Ad on Back Cover (3.75"W by 8.75"H) plus Basic Line Listing is $3,000 (one available, first come first served, no discount) SOLD OUT
- Early Bird discount for both the Basic Line Listing and the Quarter Page Display Ads require the application(s) AND full amount of discount payment be submitted by Monday April 17th. All display ad artwork can be submitted by Friday, April 28th.
- Payment plan option is available for Basic Line Listings and Quarter Page Display Ads (Early bird discount not available with payment plan.) Requires a 50% downpayment by April 28th with balance due within 6 months. For more information or to inquire about case by case exceptions, please contact the chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org
DISTIBUTION: The Floyd Visitor Guide is the official marketing brochure for Floyd County and the most widely distributed Floyd County-focused promotional literature. 50,000 of the current guide have been distributed. The distribution points include 5 major Virginia Welcome Centers along I-81, I-64, I-77 and I-95; Over 80 Visitor Information Centers throughout the state; local businesses; regional and local special events; and also provided to anyone requesting information about Floyd at the Floyd County Visitor Center. This year, demand will be even further increased by a year-round Floyd window display with 24 hour Visitor Guide availability at the Virginia Welcome Center at Lamsburg (Interstate 81 at Virginia/North Carolina state line.)
Display ads can be submitted by email or on CD by mail or in person. If by email, please limit file size to 5MB or less. Preferred format is PDF but if needed, can accept MS Publisher or MS Word files. Chamber member, Wordsprint is providing the designwork and printing for the guide. Ad design assistance is available from the Visitor Guide designer by contacting Sherrie Altizer at email@example.com or 540-382-9111. Her fee is $60 per hour and in most cases the design work will only take about fifteen minutes if logo art and related text info is provided.
Unless Wordsprint is creating the ad using the option above, please email display ads to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your convenience, you can apply and pay for your ad online
(Credit Card processing goes through PayPal, but does not require a PayPal acount)
Click here now to complete and submit your advertiser application form.
(opens in new window)
Click here to pay online
(opens in new window)
pay in person or mail to chamber at: Floyd County Chamber of Commerce, 109 E. Main St., Floyd, VA 24091
The Floyd County Chamber of Commerce appreciates
your support of this important annual project.
We all look forward to another great year!
If you have any questions, we are here to help. Please contact the Chamber Office: 540.745.4407 or email@example.com